Area of responsibility
As Senior Advisor, Compensation & Benefits you will plan and execute Hydro’s global compensation & benefits programs for our top management (levels 1 and 2) and be responsible for associated processes towards Hydro’s Compensation Committee and Board of Directors.
Some key tasks:
- Own, develop, implement and monitor the global framework for executive compensation (strategy, policies, processes and tools) in accordance with the European directive on shareholder rights and “statens retningslinjer for lederlønn”
- Act as an advisor, prepare and present to the Board of Directors’ Compensation Committee and the Corporate Management Board
- Secretariat function for the Compensation Committee
- Responsible for international industrial relations, including European Works Council and Global Framework Agreements
- Handle contracts and remuneration for executive managers
- Ensure consistent advice on executive compensation across all business areas and countries
- Contribute to continuous improvements in your field of expertise
- Stay updated on the marketplace, developments and trends, including external benchmarks to ensure competitiveness
- Contribute to the overall achievement of the team’s performance
Qualifications & Skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field, e.g. Business, Law, Human Resource Management
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
- Skilled in synthesizing complex information to clear and concise recommendations to senior management
- Analytical skills and structured approach
- Experience from project and stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) in English
To succeed in this role, you must embody professional expertise and trustworthiness. You thrive as an advisor and take pride in efficiently delivering high quality. Others perceive you as a good collaborator and recognize your integrity and high standards.
In this role you will report to Head of Global HR Compensation & Benefits, who will be your closest sparring partner. In addition, you will work closely with other people in the HR environment and the Corporate Management Board.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. Please note that we aim at conducting a first round of interviews before the Christmas holidays.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.