Hydro Aluminium Metal (PM) business area has a total annual production capacity of more than 2 million tons of primary aluminium and has around 5 100 employees in 16 countries. We produce primary aluminium, recycle, and supply our customers with casthouse products worldwide.
Hydro Aluminium Metal is looking for a dedicated HR Business Partner for the Primary Production Business Unit. The Business unit has approx. 4000 employees. The new HR Business Partner will be responsible for the further development and implementation of HR initiatives in the Business Unit, represent Primary Production in internal HR boards/Forums and manage the relationship with employee representatives. The role will provide professional (HR) direction/coaching to plant HR Business Partners and Line Managers.
The position could be placed in Oslo or at any of our Plants and will require some traveling. You will not have people reporting to you, but the role will have a responsibility to provide direction and professional support to the plant HR Business Partners and work closely with the HR support organization organized centrally in Hydro. The role will be part of the HR management team in Aluminium Metal.
- An important HR management role in Hydro
- The opportunity to lead and implement strategic organizational and leadership development initiatives in the Primary Production Business Unit
- A role where your HR support will contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals
- Contribute with an expert HR perspective to the development of Business Unit business strategy(s) and translate business requirements and issues into HR solutions
- Consult with Business leaders to identify specific issues and concerns that have people-oriented solutions
- Brief and support leaders on HR trends, good practices and opportunities that may bring competitive or operational advantages
- Take ownership of relevant HR processes across the business area and unit
- Take lead on the implementation of Hydro and Business Area people strategies, policies, guidelines and initiatives across the Business Unit
- Provide professional (HR) direction, coaching and oversight to plant HR Business Partners
- Define the talent needs in the Business Unit and own the Succession and Career plus Performance and Potential meetings at Business Unit level
- Support and advise Primary Production management on strategies for the effective handling of industrial relations
- Manage the relationship with relevant employee representatives
- Chair the Norwegian HR country board and represent the Business Area and unit in relevant Hydro foras
Who are we looking for?
We believe you are comfortable with planning and executing complex processes in a matrix organization with different stakeholders. To succeed you need to have strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people on different levels.
You should be able to work structured and proactively, this is crucial when working on many different projects and activities at the same time. Other desirable traits would be good collaboration skills and capabilities to find sound and balanced solutions on people dilemmas.
We believe that the right candidate has broad HR experience both on a tactical and strategic level, either in the role as HR professional or/and Line Management. We picture a successful candidate to have experience working with Change management, Organizational development, and HR policies/regulations. You should have a master's degree in a relevant field.
Apply before: 08/28/2022
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (Norway +47) 95920393