The members of NCA’s emergency roster provide an extra pool of skilled resources when special needs arise. Today, the group is composed of approximately 70 individuals with expertise within water, sanitation and hygiene, gender-based violence, logistics and security.
We are now looking for an emergency roster coordinator who can further develop our existing emergency roster and create a roster that covers all emergency response needs that we have in the organization and ensure that we have the right type of resources at all times.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you have experience working with coordination and administration of larger projects or from a HR role. You want to work with HR-related tasks in the humanitarian section and want to contribute to finding the right person for the right assignment. You are able to work in sometimes chaotic environments, identify priorities and targets, and rapidly assist NCA’s teams towards implementation. As emergency roster coordinator you will collaborate closely with all relevant stakeholders within NCA in order to make our responses even more effective than they are today.
In NCA, we seek people who are motivated by our vision, our work and our values, and who wish to develop our organizational culture. The Humanitarian division is fast paced and at times unpredictable. You will be a part of a multicultural work environment with highly competent and professional colleagues.
The position is based at NCAs Office in Oslo in the Department for International Programmes, Humanitarian Division. The position is placed as an Advisory role and is a permanent contract.
- Focal point for the emergency roster
- In close cooperation with relevant stakeholders, you will coordinate the following areas;
- Recruitment and onboarding of new roster members within the relevant fields of expertise
- Training courses for roster members according to general and individual needs
- Deployments, briefs and debriefs
- Maintain contact with the roster through newsletters etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, preferable HR
- Relevant experience within HR administration, recruitment, onboarding and offboarding
- Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems
- Experience from managing a roster will be an advantage
- Fluency in English, both oral and written. Fluency in French and/or Spanish are an advantage
- Ability to prioritize tasks, find solutions and make decisions
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, including prioritization, planning and project coordination skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with various stakeholders across the organization
- The person employed must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid's Christian values and accept the Code of Conduct of ACT Alliance.
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful projects with one of Norway's largest humanitarian organizations
- Flexible working hours, with good insurance/pension insurance program
- Cooperation Agreement regarding a More Inclusive Working Life (IA-company)