You will have the key role in leading and developing the Group´s global shared service center and secure best in class transactional HR services and tools, and drive process improvements to enhance HR operational efficiency and enable strategic HR.
Your team, organized in Corporate HR, will develop and deliver standardized and cost-efficient shared services with focus on customer experience, operational excellence and continuous improvement. At the same time, the focus is to provide global, timely and high-quality support that are generic to the Group as well as specific to the various business areas and countries.
- Lead and develop a team at different locations
- Provide HR shared services based upon scale, skill, scope and/or risk
- Ensure high service delivery and execution
- Design processes & procedures to ensure efficient & effective HR administration in partnership with the wider HR organization
- Execute corporate process ownership within relevant HR areas, included outsourced services
- Provide services and deliveries within Facility Management
- Be responsible for workspace development and projects
- Be responsible for the implementation and use of IT systems and tools to support the processes
- Foster efficient collaboration within HR and towards BA/SAs and have a clear understanding of needs and priorities
- Experience from senior HR positions, preferably in large or medium-sized international organisations with matrix organization and global operations
- Proven experience and results from shared service center and solid understanding of transactional HR
- Strong digitalization and technology skills and how to use systems to improve efficiency and work processes
- Higher relevant education, preferably at Master´s level
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to establish confidence in an international corporate organization
- High degree of business acumen
- Solution oriented and strong decision maker, with excellent cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills
Some travelling will be required. Work location is Lilleaker, Oslo or other Statkraft locations.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
For more information please contact our partner at Visindi, Atle Ronglan, phone +47 966 27 089 or Renate K. Skilnand, phone +47 930 50 038. All queries will be treated confidentially. Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible.